Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gaining Weight

When I began this endeavor, I really never expected the level of generosity that I have experienced. It's been wonderful! The only catch? I have realized that unless I morph into the incredible hulk for my plane trip, there is no way I can carry all of this over. Forget the flight's weight limits on my luggage - I don't think I can physically carry all of this. However, I refuse to leave anything behind. That said, the only option left is shipping everything over, and it is an incredibly expensive option. On average, its costs about $25 for every 4 pounds to send everything over. If you calculate the weight of a couple of boxes, between formula, cricket gear and bedding (I can still carry over the clothes myself) you are looking at about a 100 pounds....

The math does not really work in my budget's favor, because that adds up to at least $600 dollars. I'm not giving up, but I'll keep everyone posted on what I decide to do!

No comments: